When an interviewer is asking questions keep following 3 things in mind.
- Never give the answer quickly thinking interviewer will be impressed. If you answer quickly he will think you knew the answer before. Take time think and give the answer. He will think you have derived the answer in front of him.This will give a better impression.
- Don’t try to give a magical answer, try to give a simple and genuine answer. The answer should be a product of your thinking.
- The main purpose of the interviewer is not to get answers from you. His main purpose is to know how you will react and deal with the difficult situation.
For example, the interviewer asks the question.
Consider you are working for our company, you get a call letter to work for Microsoft. what will you do?
- He has put you in difficulty, he is not expecting the great answer from you, he is observing how you deal with it. If you answer quickly he will think you knew the answer before and this is a spoiler.
- This is a difficult question, take time, think. The interviewer will find you dealing with the question trying to bring an answer. He will observe that you didn’t go blank. You win here.
- Don’t be honest, don’t give the magical answer saying I will join Microsoft, its a trap he will ask you another question saying “you are accepting you will be not loyal to our company in future, so why should I hire you ?”.
- Keep calm and imagine the full situation clearly.
Below was my answer.
“Sir, I would like to know what made me apply for Microsoft, in-spite of getting job satisfaction and good salary here “
Simple answer, Bang !!
Note: Don’t try to mug up answers to interview questions on net rather try to deal with them. Try to create your own answer.
I hope you got the point.